Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Big City


Tonight is our daughter's first date AND her first official dress-up dance. It's prom, but since it includes the middle school kids too, I won't call it that. The school is small... If they didn't include the middle schoolers, there would be about 13 kids there.

My daughter, being the anti-social child she is, is going with a boy from her old school. He had to follow us out to Dallas ( where we live ), then to the restaurant they were planning on going to ( we ate at a cafe down the road ), and they are now following us to the dance site. I'm thinking this isn't typical, but the kid is from a small town on the other side of Fort Worth and doesn't know his way around.

We're hoping he'll be able to find his way back to our house after the dance. I have a teacher calling me when they leave and I told them they have a 30 minute time-frame from the time they leave until they get back home (Is this militant?). The wife threatened a shot gun to make a point. Wonder if it worked? She's stressed because we'll be driving back to Fort Worth after the dance to be sure the boy makes it home safe and sound. This will be a late night for the "old folks." I won't start in with "I remember a time when..."

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: