Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday Night

"Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday night's alright.. alright, alright..."  Quoting a song of course! If I put too many Saturday's in there, I apologize.

I just wanted to pop in for a short blog. We've been pretty busy this weekend, but tonight has been nice and calm. The busy times always start on Thursday with my drive to Fort Worth to drop the kids with their dad. This weekend was their dad's weekend, which would normally mean I wouldn't be driving back to Fort Worth until Sunday evening. This time though, I drove to Fort Worth again Friday morning to pick the boy up for a school function later that evening. A function I was forcing him to attend... for his own good. I'm trying desperately  to break him of this shyness that will surely hurt him in the future. It's not your normal shy behavior.

Anyway... drove to Fort Worth twice in two days, attended a visitation and funeral those same two days, dropped the boy at a friends so she could take him to the dance... this would prevent a scene in front of the school if I were the one having to take him, went gambling until 4 am Friday night, ran errands and cleaned today... whew!!

SO, to quote the song, "Saturday night's alright!!" We've been watching recordings of Extreme Couponing and Storage Wars, and we are seriously considering breaking out the cookie dough and baking ourselves some cookies! Loving tonight!!!

Now back to spending some quality time with the wife... love that even more!!

I hope everyone is having a nice, relaxing, fun, fulfilling weekend!!

1 comment:

Anita said...

My husband and I need an evening on the sofa without our kids around. Gotta work on that!

Good for you!