The thing is, you couldn't get an answer out of me as to what has kept me so busy... life, I guess? There are days that feel jam-packed, yet not a thing has gotten done. Have you ever felt like that? I've had way more days like that lately.
I can tell you some things I've discovered lately...
1. The most recent thought is that I need to just change the name of my blog to "My Dysfunctional Family." Seriously... the girl had a few pictures in a gallery showing today, and let me tell you, the gathering of the family was clearly a dysfunctional function. We had the wife and I, the kids' dad, my crazy mother, my step-father, and the kids' dad's girlfriend. Not only did we go to the gallery, but also to dinner together. I'm only going to say this once... my mother is a major source of stress to me, whether she behaves herself or not.
2. I'm thinking the girl needs to become independent quickly. I'm not sure I can handle her living at home another few years. People can take this how they want... maybe I'm not teen-girl mother material... all I know is that this bi-polar craziness on a daily basis is not going to fly with me for much longer. Again I remind myself that it could be worse... I know it could. She isn't doing drugs, stealing, being destructive, drinking, or hell, even dating... she's just... crazy, and it's making me that way.
3. I'm not liking our new-found small town. I'm not hating it either... I'm just struggling. I have no friends and I feel isolated. I don't like not having my Cafe Brazil or Buli to hang out at on days I want to go somewhere to write or when the wife goes to play tennis. I'll never be good enough to play with her, so I sit home while she goes. It's not a bad place to sit, but... I don't know.
I miss the "real" people. The people we've met here thus far are "surface."
4. The wife and I are getting closer to putting my business idea into place. It's something I think we could pull off, especially in our new town (and surrounding towns). My business idea would hopefully allow us the opportunity to meet real, down-to-earth people. When we've gotten further along in it, I'll fill everyone in!
5. I guess that's all for now... I'm hoping to catch up with everyone's blogs on my next peaceful morning. I sure do miss reading about everything everyone is up to!! Now for some pictures from our lives... :)
|We were lucky enough to go to two Maverick playoff games!!|
|We got to go to tour the Cowboys stadium! It's beautiful.... too bad the team is so bad! No fun at all watching them play!|
|The boy on the boat|
|Ahhh, a whopping 28 mph!!|
|We have so many different beautiful pictures of the sky|
|The Sea Wolf in the sunset|
|I know it's just water, but isn't it pretty?|