Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Friday, November 5, 2010

Crying...

Crying is healthy... a good thing. I searched endlessy on YouTube for a particular episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. Debra told Raymond about her need for alone time. He was curious as to why she would need such a thing, so he decided to spy on her. As he's looking through a window, he spots her sitting on the couch crying. He's in shock and wonders why she's crying. Is she unhappy with him? Is she faking happiness when he's around? What on earth has he done to upset her so? When she finds out he spied on her, she explains that sometimes she just needs a good cry.

I'm not one to cry. I mean, there are times I really want to... times I really need to, but I just can't get it out. I blame this on my very messed up childhood and then my very messed up marriage. I mean, crying really didn't help a situation. It actually made it worse and would at times draw unwanted attention. So, I held it in.

Now here I am, a grown woman who is unable to cry... until last night and today. OH MY goodness, I think I've lost my mind! I'm crying over the kids, the wife, the dogs, lack of sleep, lack of drive...

Is this PMS at its worst? Is it menopause? Seriously!!!!

Here's a video to commemorate this occasion... warning though... don't have the volume up too loud or the beginning will scare you to death!

2 comments:

Anita said...

I don't cry much either. Seems though, when my menopausal hormones hit, I became very sensitive for six months or so. Now, back to minimal crying.

Have the alone time (like Debra), put on a tear jerker movie, and let the tears flow. It's a nice little purge. :)

Anita said...

Oh, I haven't heard a Janice Joplin tune in quite a while. You've reminded me that I like her bluesy music.