Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Friday, May 27, 2011

Ahhhh Fridays...

I know most people are so ready for Fridays... I've unfortunately gotten used to thinking "Ahhhh, Thursday..." because my job is Mon.-Thurs. Now it's summer, and my job will be Wed. and Thurs. only... after checking a calendar, I realized that is ONLY 14 days of work. Not too bad, right? I'm thankful for being able to work these type of hours and still grocery shop without worrying about not having money in my account to pay for what I'm buying. Yes, I've been there...

One of our handymen lives like that. He works for a cousin who seems to forget to pay him. YES, it's true, he actually does forget... can we say ADD? Anyway... he struggles, but guess what? He's happy with his life as is. He's happy he CAN work... he's happy he gets paid... he's thankful. Thankful to work the hours he works (he's a hard worker too!), and thankful he can fish all weekend. I think that he's reached a point in his life where lessons have been learned and he's happy and thankful to be where he is. How many of us can say that? How many of us are happy where we are and content not to change a thing?

On to another subject... I was just thinking about the handyman because he's here working on stuff... They've been here three months and a few days, but I think they may be wrapping things up. Wow...

So the other subject is the boy... he's got some lessons to learn about life and at times I fear he's learning the wrong lessons. The thing is, through a conversation with the kids about the lessons HE needs to learn they said something about me, that I knew, but didn't realize... make sense?

The boy was saying that if he ever gets married then divorced (not sure how we got on this subject), he wouldn't be the one leaving the house... we were all taken aback, as this isn't the way to be. You at least work it out by selling and splitting the money, blah, blah, blah... in other words... don't be an ass about things. Then he asked me what I would do if I was "getting divorced." The girl said that of course I would leave because that's just how I am. Hmmm... I wasn't quite sure how to take that, but I think I'm going to take it in a positive way.

How can I do this? Well, I look at it like this... first of all it's true. I would leave because I wouldn't want anything we shared for myself. I wouldn't go into a relationship for the material things. If I wasn't being treated right, and I didn't have the love I deserved, material things mean nothing. I know it isn't a fairy tale world out there. I've lived it... the key word in that sentence is lived... even without things, I lived my life by doing things I enjoyed. So, I won't take what the girl said as a slam, because I've never just "left" anything... so there.

Okay... I have things to do. I'm off to enjoy my Friday... 

No comments: