Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Humans are STRANGE creatures

I started this post with the full intention of writing about the reality TV show Strange Addictions, so that's what I'm going to do. Then I'm doing another post about someone I miss terribly, even though we weren't extremely close friends.

The wife and I seem to bond over Strange Addictions, and Hoarders for some reason. The last two SA episodes we've watched have pretty much had me feeling sick to my stomach. In one of them a man was in love with his car and quite content with the relationship... yes, he did have sex with it. No, I'm not going to go into details.

I told the wife I had recently read a news story about a woman from England who had fallen in love with the Statue of Liberty, and made several trips a year to visit "her." Of course at home she "had to settle for a replica." This particular "disorder..." (I'm hesitant to call it a disorder, just because at one time homosexuality was considered a disorder. So, I suppose as long as children and animals aren't being victimized, then whatever floats your boat) Anyway... this disorder is called Objectum sexuality. The wife and I feel like if your going to fall in love with an object, then you need to at least make it a useful one, like a vibrator or a dildo. Hey, those come in some pretty amazing colors, and some have more buttons than your remote control. You could even use a line on it like "C'mere baby and let me push your buttons," and not even get in trouble for it! I mean, c'mon... I don't even want to know what that woman does with her Statue of Liberty replica, but I think it should be illegal, much like defacing the flag... you know? 

The one we watched last night was really bad. The woman had become addicted to drinking her urine. I'm not exaggerating when I type that I really thought I would be sick watching her. The wife said to just pretend it's apple juice, but then that kind of ruins apple juice for me later, you know? Or anything that looks like it. 

I felt pretty bad for her, because her addiction came from her desire to avoid chemo therapy. Apparently she was given a year to live, and was told she needed to start chemo. She decided to try Urine Therapy, something from the middle ages, and has survived for over 4 years so far. The problem is, she is now consuming almost ALL of her urine, which can cause kidney failure, and she has a suspicious mole on her back. She started sobbing heavily when faced with her daughters begging her to please see a doctor. I think she's simply terrified the doctor will tell her that her cancer has returned or that she is in kidney failure. 

Not only is she drinking her urine, but she now bathes in it, AND uses it in her netti pot!! ( I don't know how to spell that, and right now I'm not going to correct it). 

So the wife and I wonder if she smells like urine. I know I wouldn't be kissing her, and I know I wouldn't be drinking out of any of her glasses. Every time she drank a glass of urine, she used a different cup.

That being said,  I really hope she's going to be okay. 


1 comment:

The Bipolar Diva said...

ok, I'm officially grossed out now! :)