Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Monday, November 7, 2011

Very Important- Lets Help This Family

I read a very touching story in the news a few months ago about a new mom and her sweet, brand new baby girl. This was not your typical "new mommy" story, and it made me cry to read it. Both mom and baby girl are suffering from cancer. It broke my heart as I read it, and changed my attitude for a few days. Not that I'm not already thankful for what I have, for my health, and my family... but on occasion we all need a boost. Anyway... I read the story, and life went on for me as it does. Thank GOD it does.

Today, I went to the CNN website, which, in all honesty, I rarely do anymore. The news is just depressing lately, and it tends to put me in a mood because there are so many horrible things happening, things I have no control over. It makes me sick. Once again, there was another story about this mother and her baby girl. Now things are really bad... dad has lost his job, and baby girl's cancer has now moved into her bone marrow. 

We may not have control over this, but we can do something to help this family right now, by donating money, gift certificates for food, and other items.  

Here is the link to their family blog:


From the main page they have a fundraising page and information on how to make donations. 

Please, please... lets pull together to help them. If anyone can think of a fundraiser type of thing we can do, don't hesitate to post a comment or email me! 


1 comment:

Aeria said...

This is truly heart breaking!! :(