Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Such crazy drivers! Who, us?

It's been awhile since I've actually done a normal blog post. With my complaining about Occupy, and my picture blogs full of self-absorption, I actually lost a follower. I mean, c'mon it's not like I have a lot of followers to lose to begin with, ya know? It wasn't anyone I have a running dialogue with, so I guess my feelings aren't hurt too much, but seriously, who am I kidding? People probably see the title of my blog and expect, well, who knows what they expect to read. I do try to be entertaining, which I know doesn't happen when I'm on the soap box about something that's gotten to me.

Tonight, there is no soap box! Tonight it's just a very short, funny story about what happened when we were driving home. The wife, the kids, and I went out to eat tonight in a little shopping center restaurant. We finished up, got in the car, and pulled to the exit driveway in the parking lot. When pulling out of this driveway, you pull onto a four lane road with a middle turning lane that separates the two way traffic. There were NO cars on the road, except a van that was going in the same direction we were wanting to go. The wife proceeded to pull out, into the middle turning lane. Her blinker is on, she was going about 10 mph, if even that, because she was waiting for the van to pass so we could pull in behind it and continue on our happy way, when suddenly, the van... the van that's in the farthest lane from us, honks, swerves, and yanks into a parking lot on the other side of the road. We were stunned. I cracked up laughing immediately, because I had never seen anything like it before. Thank goodness no one was behind that van... they would have hit him. The wife was like "Did he do that because he thought I was going to hit him?" She was still processing... Seriously? We were thinking, "What, is he on drugs or something?" and he's probably going to be talking about how he was run off the road for months to come... but, but we didn't do it! Wow... it's almost as funny as the time I sped past a police officer on the highway, he turned his lights on, I think I'm getting pulled over, and right as I was about to pull off the road, this VAN, yes a van pulls over right in front of me!! I couldn't believe that happened either, and was so thankful for the van... yes, yes I was.

That's all I've got to tonight. Tomorrow will be a long day, but the kids go with their dad, so this weekend will be quiet. I gave the presentation at the church and will be giving a second one Sat. morning, then I have a free two days! Oh and I cannot wait to blog about the presentation!

Have a great night everyone!  

No comments: