Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Reality and Reality TV

I can't believe the things they feature on reality television! Tonight I discovered a new show, Livin' for the Apocalypse... I don't like it. These people are nuts. Well, I'll be honest, I was actually quite impressed with at least two of the families. Their operations are ingenious! All I know is I wouldn't want to live on an earth that has been destroyed by an apocalypse. In my opinion, Hell is being stuck underground with limited food supplies, and decreasing amounts of oxygen. I'm probably going to have nightmares.

The other reality show of the evening was The Bachelor Pad. I've been forced to watch the Bachelorette and the Bachelor, and tried to put my foot down as far as this particular show. I just can't help but get pulled in with the wife's excitement. I learned that we're playing catch up as far as the series goes, so we got to watch people get belittled by having eggs full of paint thrown at targets on their backs if others in the "pad" thought they were unattractive, dishonest, etc. It was pretty bad. The best thing about it was that  the three seemingly genuine people were either voted off the show or left by their choice. Now the crazies left, can equally backstab each other.

I'm a reality TV mess, and I'm seemingly getting worse. Oh well...

In other realities, my own for instance, things are a bit odd. As you all know, I've been working out. I've been particularly focused on building my upper body strength, which I believe has led to a pinched nerve.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not in pain. It's worse than pain... oh trust me, it is. I have this prickly, tingly, intensely itchy sensation, that runs up and down my arm, from elbow to wrist. Scratching doesn't work, but ice does. So tonight I was so desperate, I took two benedryl (so I can sleep), and applied PreparationH cooling gel. I know, PrepH isn't for your arm, but I needed something cooling, something that could imitate ice, I NEEDED relief. Wahhhhh!! It's been almost two weeks and I'm going nuts with this. You have no idea, OR maybe you do. I mean, I did put PrepH on my arm and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Okay, my eyes are droopy now... time to go to bed, because I get to get up and do it all over again tomorrow. I'll update on the business search then!


2 comments:

Rob-bear said...

So sorry to hear about your arm! I had a problem with my hip; took almost three weeks of meds and rest to straighten that out.
What does your doc say?

Anita said...

When you said your eyes were droopy, I thought you were going to say that you put prep H on them, too. :)

Actually, if you Google it, I think it is a home remedy for bags or dark shadows or something.

Sorry about your arm. Why is it that when trying to do someting good, we pay a price? I went to an exercise class, did some stretches, and my back paid for it for three days.

Reality shows...hmmm...don't know what to say. A love hate relationship, perhaps? I don't intentionally watch, but can't help but stop for 5 minutes to catch a little of Toddlers and Tiaras and Say Yes to the Dress when my kids are clued to the TV. LOL