Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Two Things I don't like...

Snakes and spiders...

Unfortunately my dislikes don't exactly fit in with living on a lake. I mean, we are surrounded with snakes and spiders. A friend of mine opened her front door to go outside, and discovered a huge rat snake wrapped around her door frame. Last year we discovered a baby water snake in the house. It was not a happy camper, as we worked to maneuver it outdoors, so we had to kill it. We were afraid it would get back in, and hurt the dogs. They're small dogs.

So every time I go outside, I look under chairs, up in the ceiling fans, around the doors... I will freak if I look up and see one. Especially a water moccasin.

I am constantly finding spiders in the house. Big ones... with fur. It's gross. I mean, I can't smash them. It would be like killing a small animal. I told the wife I needed Raid. She said we could call Orkin out... that's right! Getting out the big guns now!

Today, after seeing yet another spider in the house, I decided I'd better make sure it was a Wolf Spider like I thought. I mean, I haven't been killing them when I'm home alone, so they crawl to other places... and I don't know where. Bleck! I went to google images, and let me tell you... they are way too detailed. I mean pictures showing all of their eyes, and stuff. I know I'm going to have nightmares.

Then the boy and I went down to brush off the boat. We have to do this at least three times a week due to all of the spiders. I couldn't find the broom we keep on the boat for just that reason, so I ended up using the towel I brought down. Little spiders were running everywhere as I whacked down all of the webs. Seriously... I'm not sure this is something I'll ever become accustomed to.

Well, I'm not sure it was the brightest idea to write about it right before bed... here's to hoping I don't dream about these things.

Here are a couple of pictures we took last night of the kids before prom. They seemed to have had a wonderful time!

The girl and the boy

The girl and the boy being themselves. LOL

Photo bomb by the wife and boy

This was my favorite picture of them



1 comment:

Rob-bear said...

1. I don't much like spiders and snakes. I don't get panicky about them — unless there were a Coral Snake, or a Python, or a Cobra — in which case I might become slightly agitated. But just slightly. I would just prefer they be somewhere else. Fortunately, living 50 feet above the ground is likely to limit my contact with at least some of those critters.

2. The Girl Child looks awesome. So does the young gentleman with her. Just keep repeating the mantra: "Priorities before penises." Ah, yup.

Blessings and Bear hugs in an "interesting" time.