Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Friday, May 21, 2010

Accomplished

Okay... I survived the day of fasting and the other effects of colonoscopy/endoscopy preparation. I survived the actual procedure, which I almost backed out of because the anesthesiologist had me very worked up about the "dangers of these procedures with someone who has asthma." After explaining all of these "dangers" to me, and then making me take my inhaler, even though I told her I didn't need it and that I rarely used it, she asked me if I was still willing to go through with "this." SO... I mentally weighed my options. If I back out now, with the IV in my arm, and after having gone through yesterday's ordeal, how would I feel about myself. How would I feel the next time I felt the need to down a bottle of Pepcid? How would I feel with the wife giving me that look over her glasses... that last one did it for me. It is not a good look. "Yes, I'm willing to carry this through..." I have to tell you, the anesthesiologist was a bit dramatic, but I guess better safe than sorry.  Now I can plant my flowers and enjoy the rest of my evening...

Old person quote of the day... "I remember a time when Friday nights were spent eating dinner out, hitting the club, and sitting on the patio to listen to a local band..."

2 comments:

Anita said...

Hope all the tests are 100% positive!

Just Two Chicks said...

Thank you Anita! I'm just so happy it's done :)