Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Figuring Out MS

MS can be an ugly, ugly thing. It’s one of those diseases that hides out, making you think you must be crazy thinking anything is wrong with you, and then suddenly, when you least suspect it, up crops a symptom. The twitchy/tingly legs, numbness in arms, legs (or both), temporary loss of vision, and temporary loss of hearing, etc, etc, etc.


I was reading the news today and one of the headlines mentioned a man (I can’t remember who now) who has been struggling with MS. I guess I’m about to sound very ignorant now, but I really thought only women suffered from MS. I don’t know why I thought this. I guess because when we did the MS fundraiser and walk, most of the teams walking were walking for a woman.

I’m not overly familiar with MS as a whole… only the symptoms and natural methods of keeping some of them in control. I did a lot of research on it last summer and have continued to search out new information for the wife. The problem is she’s so freakin’ stubborn when it comes to taking the vitamins and exercising regularly. Let’s not even mention the smoking, which doesn’t help, nor does the stress that comes from owning a business.

I do see that she is beginning to realize my suggestions are right on target. She feels better after taking her vitamins… she feels better after exercising (unless of course it’s softball and we’re getting hit with those damn things!), and she feels better when she isn’t so stressed. She has started her diet and wants to lose 20 more pounds than she should to make up for the weight she will gain when she quits smoking… hooray! I know she can do it! I just can’t let anything happen to her before then…

No comments: