Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

News of the day...

Okay... in the news it talks about Representitive Mark Souder resigning after admitting an affair with a part-time employee. Has anyone seen the guy's picture? I'm just saying, I would love to know "what" on earth would have an affair with this man, Is he good in bed, does he have money, what is it??

I once was ultra liberal, but now believe I am becoming a conservative liberal. I would never go so far as to say I'm conservative... that will never happen. I've decided to place myself in this new category due to one small observation I made today, which then had me lamenting on how much I've changed over the years.

I had to go buy some treat cookies for the new puppy and some cheap wash cloths to clean up her little accidents. Accidents that need to stop, but anyway, there is a Walmart very close to the kids school, so I figured I'd go in there to pick up what I need. Fast and simple... in Fort Worth it would never have been fast and simple at a Walmart. So, you know how Walmart has the front door greeters? I've been told these people are injured workers. They put them at the door to keep them working. Well, today the greeter was a younger girl, who had decided to perform her "difficult duty" while standing around the corner by the baskets, obviously trying to keep out of view. She was talking on her cell phone. She stopped long enough to "greet" but then continued to talk on her phone, and look around to make sure she wasn't being observed. I'm sure the look on my face was quite open to interpretation... not that she cared. I wanted to say "Get off your 'a double arse' and get to work!" As an employer I would have fired her on the spot. I'm sure all kinds of litigation would come from my impulsiveness to fire someone who doesn't pull their weight, which I think is absolutely ridiculous. If someone doesn't perform to standard, there shouldnt be a bunch of hullabaloo... it's should be short and sweet... "You aren't doing X, Y, or Z so you're fired..."  Or, "You're on the phone when you should be working, you know the policy, take a hike!" Pfffftttt... There are too many good, hard working people out there who are looking for jobs, to have to put up with laziness of this sort.... enough said...   

No comments: