Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Affair With Food

I'm not sure I've mentioned this in previous blogs, but I love food... all kinds of food. Indian, Italian, American, Country "cookin'," and sushi. This is just a small smattering of what I can eat. I love sweet treats, and I love salty treats. I really should be thankful for the size I am considering how much I eat... how much I love to eat.

A few years ago, I had to stop eating red meats because I was getting sick. It took a few tests, but I eventually figured out it was red meat that was taking me down. I figured this out without a colonoscopy.

Well, here we are again.... two years later, with major problems as far as restrooming, reflux, nausea, etc., etc. This time I've given in to the doctor. I'll be having a colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow... bleh! Right now, the worst part of this is the fact that I haven't been able to eat all day. I have to have a cear, liquid diet until midnight. I really hope I'm sleeping before midnight because I am going nuts not being able to eat.

Now lets bring in the wife... she had a meeting to go to, a salesperson to drop at the ariport, and the kids to drop at their dad's. She was running behind ( they went in to the office today) and asked me to meet her close to the highway so she could get to the airport in time. I looked at the clock knowing I'd have to start taking these cleansing meds in 20 minutes, but okay, sure. So, I loaded the kids and all of their stuff in the car for a weekend with their dad. I then met up with the wife who smokes and will not buy cigarettes in front of the children... as she's getting in the car she says "I need cigarettes." Now normally, this wouldn't bother me, but I was hungry and when I'm hungry like that, I'm cranky!!!!  Oh well, I headed to the 7-11 to get her cigarettes. I walked all over that store looking for popsicles or jello that's not red, orange, or purple... no luck. I bought her cigarettes then came home to take the first of the meds.

So here I sit, lucky enough to not be feeling the full effects of the meds at this point, but hungry enough to make myself crazy. I want something in my mouth, and though I don't smoke, nor have I ever smoked, I really want to pop a cigarette in my mouth and light it! Seriously... a sucker... something would be great!

Anyway... I dread what's coming within these next few hours, so I suppose I'll be thankful for the time and ability to blog right now. I hope everyone has a happy Thursday evening and Friday morning!! Eat lots of delicious foods for me!

2 comments:

Laura Lou said...

Gehhhh!! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Luckily I haven't had to have one of those, but I remember having to be put on a liquid diet for two days when I was prego and sick. Omg! I would have ate my arm off! haha! Hopefully you feel better!

Just Two Chicks said...

Wow... a liquid diet when pregnant would be horrible! I probably would have eaten my arm off! Thank you... I'm good now and getting ready to start my diet tomorrow! :::ahem:::