Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I wanna be... Imma Be

I wanna be a billionaire... Well, maybe I'd settle for a star. You know, famous... like the guy who sings the billionaire song (me not knowing his name doesn't make him less famous... I'm not in the loop so to speak). I know Fergie sings "Imma Be" because she's a hot commodity in our house.

Anyway... Last night we took the kids to the American Idol concert tour. The girl loved it, the boy had fun. One of the singers had his whole family sitting right behind us, and what was so funny about that was that people were coming up and asking the family members for their autographs. Not just kids, but adults too!

I enjoyed watching this group of about seven 12 year olds. Every time one of the singers came to the end of the stage or the cameraman rolled his camera their way, they'd all scream in their high pitched way and wave crazily. I started talking to the mom who brought them and she said she couldn't get another parent to come along with them. I think that's pretty sad because they had such a great time. What parent wouldn't want to share that with their child and their child's friends? I have to give that mom kudos. Those kids will remember that for a long time. My kids enjoyed it but I think my daughter will remember her birthday gift of Lady GaGa tickets longer than the American Idol concert, and the boy... I don't know. I'm not sure we've impressed him thus far with the concerts we've taken him to. I do know he really enjoyed The Lion King in New York though, so I guess that's something!

Okay, time for me to get to bed. I spent the day getting my classroom ready... Just a few more things to wrap up for tomorrow then I'm ready for next week!!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Anita said...

Sounds like good quality time with the kids!

I see you've got the email in your profile now. If you have it in your "comment notification" then this comment should come directly to your email inbox.

The next time you leave a comment on my blog, I'll see if your email address shows on it. That way, if I want to reply personally, I can just hit reply and "voila."

Sorry, it has taken so long to resond; it's still a little crazy with 3 kids home.