Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's alive, It's alive!

Back to work, back to school, back to home-cooked meals, back to scheduled laundry days, scheduled grocery days,and back to routine. I'm a creature of habit. I like my habits, I like my routine, I like my life when the boat is steadily rocking to a beat I've created!

It creates a sense of relief and sends a calm through the air that I cannot blog into reality, or ingest in the form of a pill. It's a calm that comes with plain, boring, predictability. I LOVE it... call me boring, tell me I have no sense of adventure... I don't care. THIS feels good!

The kids went back to school Monday and I have gone to work teaching kindergarten. I only work half days which is wonderful all by itself, but this is the most amazingly stress free job I've ever had. I know, I know.. I've only been doing it for a few days, but these kids are so well behaved and so far ahead of the game, that I'm able to create a learning environment that is relaxing and fun. They will go far this year!!

As for my own children, I'm having a huge amount of guilt for not taking their pictures their first day of school. I think this is the first year I haven't done that! Now please remember they are in 7th and 11th grade, but still, I've been remiss. I also didn't follow the tradition of making them a special after school treat on their first day of school, though I think I know the reasoning behind that one. I was desperate to get that after-school routine set. We get home around 12:30, they make their own lunch and do their homework while I write, lesson plan, and take care of my house-wife duties. We all meet up again around 4:30 or 5 when I head down to cook dinner. We eat together, play a game or watch some favorite television shows together, and then we all head to our bedrooms around 10. It's perfect... it's working, and I figure I'll make a special treat when they get back
from their dad's house Sunday night.

Now I suppose I should go. I want to get a few minutes of peaceful rest in before we head to Fort Worth. We're meeting two friends for dinner. This has been a great week because we were able to spend time with two other friends last night as well! I hope everyone has a terrific Thursday evening!

No comments: