Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Chaos, I say... Pure and Simple

Well, we did it...

We bought a bird, the wife's early Christmas present. She loves, loves, loves this bird.



The dogs on the other hand, well, you could say they love him, I suppose. The first two nights, Callie was circling the cage  whining, and panting (I put a stop to her barking). The wife said "She thinks it's her baby." I don't think that's what it is, but I'll let her believe what she wants.



Cam has been horrible, more than horrible with the bird, and with the other dogs. He barks continuously, no matter what measures I use to get him to stop. The squirt bottle works for short periods of time, but he's constantly wet, and now he smells bad. The little chain packs we're supposed to throw in his general direction, will also work for a short period of time, but then he thinks they're toys. Ugh!

Needless to say, today I've been dealing with the chaos. I can't get anything done. The wife and I are leaving soon to shop for her sister, brother-in-law, and our own kids, then we'll be done with the materialistic side of the holidays.

I'm a little upset that Christmas day is so close. I just want to sit and relax by a fire, and my pretty tree    (I also want it cold enough for a fire). I swear I'm going to give this dog some sleepy time meds, so I can have some peace and quiet for about an hour. I don't even know what it's like to pick up a book, and quietly read for hours. Now someone is at the door and the dogs are going ape-freakin'nuts. Seriously... ::sigh::

I wish everyone a peaceful day.

Later, if I can, I'll post about our dysfunctional dinner the other evening. Not a lot to write about on that, which is a wonderful, wonderful thing! I'll also tell you all about ICE! What a wonderful exhibit!




1 comment:

The Bipolar Diva said...

the bird is beautiful! We had birds a few years ago but they had to find a new home. My daughter was allergic to them :(