Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Stolen...

It's Sunday, and I'm tired. Cam is doing his usual barking as he runs back and forth from window to window. I decided I would borrow today's post from The Bipolar Diva
It looked fun and today, it will be so much easier for me to do guided writing, so to speak!

Here we go:

Eleven Fun (or just factual) Facts About Me


1. I'm a recovering heterosexual... ;)
2. I'm a recovering Catholic... meaning I'm the definition of guilt.
3. I have a fascination with guns, and shooting... though not the hunting of animals. 
4. I wish I knew then what I know now.
5. I'm bull-headed and stubborn, but also a complete pushover... an oxymoron for sure.
6. I can talk like a sailor with the best of them, but don't like "GD," "JC," the "P" word, or the "C" word. I don't like the "H" word either... I prefer the word "amorous." :)
7. I have a playlist of songs JUST for those restless, frustrated, pissy, moments... it's called "Just Because..." 
8. I saw people at a Baskin Robbins Ice Cream shop yesterday, with all of their little ones, dancing to the chicken dance, and getting their faces painted. There was a DJ and everything, and I thought, "God I'm glad I don't have small kids anymore, and can actually live an adult life." Then I had guilt for thinking that. Yep... 
9. I'm a people watcher. 
10. I think just about anything southern is sexy, from the drawl, to the sticky humidity, to the chirping night creatures, to the sweet tea, and banana pudding, and the classy, slow, easy, quiet, funny, nature of a southerner who is totally sure of herself/himself, and not threatened by a thing. 
11. I've been playing my "Just Because" playlist a LOT!!


Now for 11 questions:


1. What made you start blogging?
I wanted people to see that my family was just like any other family. I was also trying to give my writing a kick-start, because I had two amazing book ideas in my head, which I've started and stopped, through-out the years. Then I started reading other blogs, and thought "Shit! These people all want to write books too, and they're better than I am!! I suck!! Whaaaa!" I know... I need a lot of cheese with that whine. 


2. Have you ever been to a foreign country?
I lived in England when I was a kid. Liverpool... West Darby Village. I loved it. There was the sweet shop, the fish and chips shop, the butcher, the garden stand... a town square with the catholic school, church, and pub all in one big beautiful building. As kids, we could roam the entire village square, from our homes a block away... homes that line the streets looking like one big building, with step ups, and rectangular back yards with tall cement walls. We also visited Ireland, which is absolutely beautiful. I loved it as a kid, and can only imagine how I would feel seeing it as an adult. Then the wife and I have traveled to Jamaica, a few different parts of Mexico, Grand Cayman Islands (LOVED it) and ummm... I think that's it! 


3. What was your favorite book? 
I love reading, so there are a ton of books that have been favorites. The most recent book I read that's not in my typical repertoire is The Help. It made me laugh, cry, and laugh again. I loved that book. 


4. What dead celebrity would you like to meet and what would you talk about?
I really have no idea. Celebrities are just extremely talented and very rich people... like all of us, right? So I really don't have one. Don't get me wrong, if I were to meet a famous person, no doubt I would be excited. If it were an already dead famous person, I would be freaked out.


5. What is your current favorite musical artist/group and why? I have a very hard time naming one particular person or group, because I love so many different kinds of music, and it's all mood related as to what I may or may not like at the time. I love the stuff I grew up with. I like my angry rap songs, for my cranky moods. I love my female vocalists, for when I feel like singing my own heart out. I like silly, funny songs for when I want to sing and feel carefree. I like country when I feel like exercising my twang. I like sad when I'm feeling particularly thankful that my relationship isn't like those in the songs, and I like serious, when I'm feeling mellow. 


6. What was your first job? My friend and I walked into a crappy clothing store in the mall at 15 years of age, and asked the woman to hire us. She said she needed a phone call from our parents saying it was okay, and we got the job. She hired a few more of our friends, and we were off! It was so exciting... I think I worked there for over two years, then took on a second job in a restaurant. From age 16 til' age 35, I was a 2-job woman. 


7. If you could live anywhere, where would that be? I would have to say right where I am. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to live in San Diego (cost of living is way too high for what we would get), or somewhere where there are mountains, but I have to say, I'm very thankful for what we've got... and I can travel to those places if I could only get the wife motivated to do so. 


8. Who do you like better? Brittany Spears, or Christina Aguliara? Yuck... can't say either one. 


9. Do you have a fake, or a real Christmas tree? We have a real tree. The last time I had a fake tree, I went out of town for the actual holiday, came home to take the tree down, and by the time I had gotten the lights off, every single needle had fallen to the ground. I am not joking. I so wish I had saved the picture I took of that very naked, dead tree with the blanket of needles underneath. Back then there was no MySpace or Facebook, or cell phone camera, to forever digitally document our lives. 


10. What's your current favorite TV show? Modern Family, Parenthood, Raising Hope, Dance Moms (Yes, I admit it... my mouth is open the whole time it's on), Hoarders (again my mouth is open, and sometimes, I even gag. I can't watch it while eating.)


11. What is one thing you would change about yourself?
Not a great time for this question, as I would answer everything and feel very honest about it. 
My hair, my mid section, my nose, my mouth, my attitude, my lack of get up and go right now, my motivation, my emotional sensitivities, my food sensitivities, my education (teaching? what was I thinking? I should have done something involving big business,  or become a police officer so I could work for INTERPOL!! I know, too many lady sleuth books), the fact that I want to sit and eat doughnuts, drink coffee, and Hell, maybe even smoke a cigarette (NOT), and just say to hell with it. Oh, and this has nothing to do with ME, but the amount of barking my dogs do. Ugh!! 


Okay... that's it for me. It's now Past 1 pm, and I am still the only one up. Seriously?!? 







1 comment:

Rob-bear said...

Good grief. Enough drama on your blog tonight for the Academy Awards.

Oh, wait. The Academy Awards are on tonight. D'ya think there's a connection?

Blessings and Bear hugs, for whatever reason. Of maybe no reason at all.

And dang that word verification, anyhow!