Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Inspirtion!

Last night the family and I went to see The Karate Kid. The movie for me was a bit stressful, but I was inspired nonetheless. It was stressfull in that I can't stand to watch innocent people get beaten up, even when I know it's fake... it's worse when you can hear the pain!

The inspiration came from the movie's moral lesson... of course. That lesson being, never give up... face your fears so you don't have to be scared anymore. SO, I can do that, right?

We really enjoyed the movie, and I think I enjoyed dinner even more. We rarely go out to eat anymore because of dieting issues. I've lost 5 pounds and don't want to lose anymore (I just need to tone now) so I decided I was going to eat a "real" dinner. I ate it so fast you would have thought I was denied food on a daily basis! Plus, I totally cleaned my plate. The wife was looking at me in shock. "Honey, what's wrong with you? Do NOT lick your plate!" Ha! Just kidding on the plate licking, but I came very close.

I decided to schedule the photo ops (talked about in the last blog) out two weeks. I figured this would give my friend and I time to put something together before we show up at a church to take pictures of people who will want to know what on earth we're doing. I just didn't want the family rushed before we headed to Wicked today. The church is in Fort Worth, we're in Dallas and I only had a few minutes available for pictures. I want to have time to talk to the people too, so this will work out much better! It will also give us time to get a website up and running. Woohoo!

I suppose I'd better start getting ready to go! I saw one child dressed and ready, but had to make him go change. I don't understand why kids insist on wearing dirty clothes. I swear he has every opportunity to wear something nice, and he throws on a pair of dirty khaki shorts and tells me that's all he has. How hard is it to bring the laundry to the utility room? I mean seriously, I do his wash... all he has to do is carry it in. Yesterday would have been a prime opportunity to do that, since I was in major cleaning mode. I really enjoyed the cleaning too! Cleaning for me is a way to work through frustrations. Since we have Modesta, I don't do much of it anymore... now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaing.

As a single mother way back when I first left the jerk of an abuser, I cleaned apartments... thanks to a friend. I moved into a tiny one bedroom and as a form of rent payment I cleaned. The extra money I earned went for groceries and kid stuff. The jerk didn't pay child support for about a year or perhaps more than that. SO, that being said... I'm thankful for Modesta because that was the most exhausting job ever. I have tried to get the wife to cut her back some because as a housewife I feel guilty for having her, but she refuses. I accept this somewhat happily! I admit it... whew! Yesterday was good for me, but I love our Modesta!

Wow... totally off topic and I really have to run... have a super Sunday everyone!

No comments: