Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Friday, June 18, 2010

Socially hungry or hungrily wishing... hmmm

It's been a few days, Okay maybe longer, since I've done a real blog. I won't count the video blog, although I do plan on posting more videos in the future.

I'm sitting here right now listening to the wife's conference call and trying to decide if I want to do my sit-ups and other exercises. I found them in a small magazine called "Walk it Off." They're working. I can feel it in every stomach, leg, and butt muscle I have. It's either working or I'm doing something terribly wrong.

This whole diet thing is making me incredibly cranky. I'm not really dieting, but the wife is, and it's so strict it's making me nuts. We can't eat out, we don't eat the same things and inevitably we don't even eat together.

I guess I didn't realize how food-driven our activities were. We'd go run an errand and grab dinner. We'd go to a movie, eat popcorn, and the grab dinner. Lunches from local sandwhich shops were delicious and dates were dinners out. Now I'm struggling... I want to go out, I want a real meal. Hell, I want a date! Yes I do still cook for the kids, but they won't eat the things I'm eating (fat burning foods)... seriously, I think the grocery bill has gone up.

Today I was excited because I was going shopping with a friend and then we were going to eat. We didn't have time to eat because I had to get home to get the wife to her MRI appt. I was still okay with all of this. In my rush home, I hadn't really had time to feel disappointed. I was half-way home when the doctor's office called me and said her MRI was pushed back an hour and would she like to reschedule. Well, I knew she would because she had a conference call this afternoon, but I couldn't get her on the phone so I knew I had to continue on my trek home or she would be freaking out about not making her appt in time. Sure enough, I'm running in the door and she's walking out to meet me. She hadn't listened to my voice mail. By the time I opened the pantry door, the diapointment had set in. I wanted my indian food!

Now I'm snacking on low salt, low fat, no butter popcorn and mentally stomping my feet. We'll be going to play tennis tonight and it's so close to the indian food place. :::sigh:::

No comments: