Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Ah, craziness be still!

The last day of school... they had gotten my phone and insisted on taking my picture. I also taught them how to take pictures of themselves with the phone.... they have to start early, you know!
It's been a few days since I've blogged and I'm so happy I'm finally back! A lot has happened since my last blog. Um, well, it must be a lot because I can't even remember what my last blog was about!

The wife and I went to Oklahoma this past weekend for a two day workshop. This was in preparation for our new business! We've been doing a lot as far as the new business goes... a little networking, a lot of researching, and a lot of planning. We still need to get that Dallas home sold, but I figure we will be completely prepared by the time we are able to get a space!

One of our networking opportunities caused a bit of a set back as far as our attitudes, but I'm not really sure if that was our perception or our intuition. We were meeting with a woman from a HUGE church in this area. The church has no denomination in its name, so of course my question was "What denomination is this church?" Where I come from, most churches, unless they are non-denominational have some sort of something to clue you in. I wasn't really concerned, but she was wondering if I was looking for a "church home," so I had to ask. I was told this: "Well, we're of the Baptist belief, but we don't like to advertise that we're Baptist." Say whhhhhaaaaaat? Really?!?!?! How on earth can you stand strong in your beliefs yet be ashamed to "advertise" their origins? Then she asked the wife and I if we were sisters. Ugh! We went in as business partners. We were honest... we told her we were best friends and business partners.

This didn't deter me though. I look at this as an excellent networking opportunity, and as a way to give back to the community. My work with this church for their special needs programs will be completely voluntary. SO, I go fill out the forms... ::sigh::  One form listed their Doctrinal Beliefs, and asked me to check whether I agree, disagree, or if I'm unsure about each one. I read each one warily, checking "agree," because if I checked "unsure," they would give me a call to discuss, and if I check "disagree," I don't know if they would call me at all. I did check "disagree" on one belief. It basically stated that they believe the only reason to divorce is if your spouse is a non-believer. Sorry, you can have the most devout spouse and still suffer verbal and physical abuse. I'll never approve of that belief. Just as I'm sure they probably wouldn't approve of the wife and I... it's disappointing, really.

Today was a sad day for me because I packed up my kindergarten classroom. This was a job I wasn't planning on having, loved it, and now it's done. It's time to move on, to grow, to work on our business. SO freakin' scary!! I'll really miss that particular teaching experience. I phrase it this way, because I've had other experiences that I'll never miss... like the year I came home with scuff marks on my pants every day, from a child who consistently kicked and rammed at me like a little bull. I didn't dare wear a dress or skirt for fear of getting scratches along with the bruises. Then there was my last year in special ed... that was the year we had to wear long sleeves, even in the heat. We had a kid whose nails were always way too long and he loved to use them on us. One day he bit me and it went right through my shirt! I had to get a tetanus shot that time. Ahhh, fun times, fun times!!! Anyway... I will miss it!

I could go on and on, but I know I probably lose a lot of people in a long blog, so I'll stop here. I think I'll go watch Storage Wars, then head to bed. I've got the wife and I on a great diet and need to get up early to prepare our meals for the day! Now If only I could get her to exercise with me!! I have to say, I've been feeling so much better these past few days. I guess living with a gas leak for a month takes some time to get over. Tomorrow, I'll catch up on everyone's blogs!!

Have a great day!! Here are some of my favorite memories from this past kindergarten year! :)


Painting their hands to make spiders, also known as arachnids :)

The Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree. They worked hard making all those letters!

Half of 100 day! We halved everything from food to numbers... 

FIne motor skills and healthy foods lesson

Dental Health day... flossing

Ah, preparing for circus day was fun! We had a yucky smells activity, tasting activities, a parade of music and different sounds, guess what's in the bin activities, and more! Yes, we were studying the 5 senses :)

The circus Ring Master collecting dandelions... 

A great way to teach doubles!

The baby duck we saved on the last day of school.... he had to go to the vet!
















No comments: