Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Monday, July 4, 2011

Finally... Happy 4th!!

The sail boat races.... Love this!!
I've bought all of the required foods for a "good old-fashioned" family picnic on the boat, with the kids and friends. I'm not sure why I place so much importance on food during the holidays, but I truly feel like it's not an event if we don't have the required fare!

All of this could have to do with my dysfunctional (I've used this word a lot lately) childhood. I have only one memory of my mother taking me to see the fireworks. I was four years old, she was drunk, and we hitchhiked back home. I don't remember how we actually made it to the park to begin with.

I think the closest memory the kids have that can be compared to my own beautiful childhood memory, was from this past Friday. I only had one glass of wine, but that combined with the steroid medication I've just been prescribed, obscured my judgement a bit while I was getting the boat back in the slip. You see, I'm the one who pulls the boat out and parks it. I'm good at it! Just not on this night... but the wife had faith, our friend's husband was very supportive, and well, at least I didn't run it into the dock or other boats... It just took a bit longer.

Now that I'm 4 days into my medicine, I'll avoid the wine tonight, and be happy with the food I've gotten for us! I hope everyone has a wonderful July 4th!!!

✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ In Honor Of The Fallen Men 
✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ And Women Who Served Our Country; 
✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who have served in the past; 
✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who are serving now;
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ And For Those Who Are Still Fighting.
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ THANK YOU
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ AMERICAN HEROES!! 

The furry babies in their holiday bandanas! The kids are too old to allow me to dress them up anymore, so I've transferred this need to my dogs.

Happy, happy....

...July 4th to all of you, from us!!!


No comments: