Just Two Chicks!

Just Two Chicks!

Followers

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happiness

Today, the guys came to take our outdoor Christmas decorations down. I'm sitting here now, watching them through my window, while I contemplate. Contemplate what?... life I guess. I'm so tired today, which makes my thinking less than clear. In other words, I'm all over the place.

It's 11:30, the wife still doesn't want breakfast, which means she hasn't taken her pill just yet. It made her extremely tired yesterday, so we've decided 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night. I'm trying to make her stick to it, and do it right. Build good habits, at least. I'm not sure when she's going to actually realize NOT eating is what makes you fat.

I'm also trying to decide whether or not I want to go buy a row machine or just join a gym. Maybe a gym wouldn't be such a bad thing. Maybe a gym, and a trainer. Or, I know a woman who has said she will come to the house. That way I can have what I need here at home.

All of this is petty, I know. I've been reading other posts... a few I follow, one I don't, but I read anyway. These women are struggling... so many of us are, or have in the past. Life sure doesn't come with a 100% happy guarantee, does it? Yet today, we try to raise our kids in the "happy bubble." That really sucks for them when they get out in the real world, which is less happy by the minute. Their boss isn't going to tell them how special they are, even if they didn't get that coveted contract. Their friends aren't going to step aside, and say "Hey, you're number 1 too, even though I did all the work." It's not happening... don't do that to your kids. Don't shelter them, and raise them in a fairy tale, only to turn them out into Hell. The world will seem less like Hell, if they know it isn't always a happy place, and that people do suffer, and people don't always like you, and people aren't always nice, and people are always different, but that doesn't make them horrible... and people, are... well, people are human. Meaning not one of us is perfect, so don't expect it from others, and degrade them when they aren't, and don't expect it from yourself. Take pride in you... in your differences, and your imperfections. They are what make you the wonderful, individual you are. Life is too short. Live it loving, live it laughing, and live it without regrets... and my biggest advice to myself... live it without worrying about losing it all, just be happy, and know you deserve it, and know that being happy does not make you ungrateful. It's okay... it's okay to be happy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Perhaps I'll come back later, and write what I was planning on writing when my head clears a bit more.

1 comment:

The Bipolar Diva said...

I needed this post today. ♥